First the Nervous System
Every cell, tissue, organ and system, thought and emotion, is completely controlled and coordinated by your nervous system. A person with a healthy nervous system has a more effective connection between his or her emotional, physical, chemical and spiritual self.
The brain and spinal cord are one connected unit. The spinal cord lives inside of your back, and is the information superhighway that tells your body how to function. The spinal cord has the consistency of cooked spaghetti, and is protected by hard bones called vertebra. Between the bones are shock absorbing cushions called discs. Vital spinal nerves originate from the cord, pass through openings between the vertebra, and travel to every part of your body.
What is a Subluxation?
There are 3 aspects of a vertebral subluxation:
- A vertebrae is no longer oscillating or moving through its normal range of motion and is considered “misaligned.”
- Neural tissues (brain stem, spinal cord, nerve roots) are compromised or have pressure put on them by the “misaligned” vertebrae.
- There is alteration, change or disruption of the nerve impulses. Nerve impulse is a term used to describe the information that goes from the brain to the end tissue and back up to the brain again.
What Causes a Subluxation?
Our brains and bodies can handle enormous amounts of stress. However, when we exceed our capacity, we either adapt and grow, or express symptoms and disease. There are 3 types of stress that cause subluxation:
- chemical: junk food, pesticides, medications
- physical: car accidents, slips and falls
- emotional: work stress, family stress
Stress disrupts the nervous system’s natural ability to function at 100%. When the nervous system is overloaded or “stressed out,” it is less able to function and adapt to challenges in the environment.
What Can I Do to Stay Healthy?
Chiropractic is the only profession that locates, analyzes and corrects vertebral subluxations. Adjustments remove interference to the nervous system.
Unfortunately, the majority of the time, you can’t feel a subluxation. So, you can’t gauge if you are subluxation-free just by how to you feel on any given day.
Want to optimize your health? Give us a call for a consultation at (619) 313-5403.
Gentle Adjustments. Powerful Results.
Gentle NUCCA Chiropractors
Intouch Chiropractic | San Diego, CA
Know someone that could use our help? Pass it on