Degenerative Disc Disease Diagnosis
Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment. Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD) is diagnosed via a combination of a health history, physical examination and radiographic imaging. If needed, MRI can be utilized to diagnose and distinguish between a bulging disc, herniated disc, or sequestered disc. It is important to make an accurate diagnosis utilizing imaging to tailor a treatment program specific to the patient.
Degenerative Disc Disease Home Care
- We recommend patients move their bodies as much as possible. Whether it’s going for a walk, exercising, or simply stretching out.
- Plus, it is critical to maintain healthy core muscle strength to help support your spine. The core muscles directly support your spine.
- You can also eat a healthy diet, drink lots of clean water, and limit or quit smoking.
Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment
In addition to physical activity and eating right, common treatment options are:
- Medications such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs and pain relievers,
- Surgery such as artificial disc replacement and spinal fusion,
- Heat and cold therapy,
- Chiropractic Care, and
- Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression
Our doctors recommend that you not rely on pain killers. Not only do they not cure the problem, they are highly addictive. Instead, we recommend a natural, non-pharmaceutical, non-surgical approach that includes NUCCA Spinal Care and Non-surgical Spinal Decompression (NSSD). The combination of these two innovative treatments is very effective and provides pain relief to many of our patients. NUCCA Spinal Care puts your body in alignment prior to your NSSD treatment. Plus, research studies have shown that 86% of patients respond favorably to Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression treatment alone.
Want to learn more about how we treat Degenerative Disc Disease without medications or surgery?
Give us a call for a consultation at (619) 313-5403.
Gentle Adjustments. Powerful Results.
Gentle NUCCA Chiropractors
Intouch Chiropractic | San Diego, CA
Know someone that could use our help with Degenerative Disc Disease treatment options? Pass it on…